As the weather starts to cool (or in Florida, just kinda stays the same) and the leaves turn, everyone starts to focus on holidays ranging from pumpkins to turkeys and Christmas Trees. Over the next few months, you will be tackling a range of arts and crafts projects from school to home and more. We have some tips on how to use epoxy to make your fall festive!
- Pumpkin Molds! A quick search on Amazon pulls up a myriad of silicone molds for making Jack-O-Lanterns, pumpkins and much more! Decorate your office, your mantle or make a centerpiece using our SuperClear Epoxy. You can make it clear, for a fun effect, or use or pigments to make it Orange. Even change it up and make purple and green! Let your kids pick!
- Save a piece of Fall! With the leaves turning, you don’t want to miss it. Now, you don’t have to with our Superclear Epoxy. Take the leaf and encase it in our crystal clear epoxy! You can make a coaster, or grab several leaves and make a serving tray! Now you will always have a piece of fall.
- Make Some Jewelry! This is a perfect craft for kids! We have a pigment variety pack to make many different colors so let the kids pick out the color they want. The next step is easier than you think. Take a small piece of PVC or Copper piping and cut it into 1/4″ pieces. You now have as many molds as you need! Mix up a batch of Superclear epoxy and pigment away. Or even add glitter, mica powder or dye to the epoxy. Let it dry and drill a hole and get some string and viola! You have beautiful hand-made necklaces in no time.
- Pinecones! Another fall staple that can spice up any table. Use our Superclear with some pigment of your choosing and brush it over the tips. You will love the look and it’s another project you can do with the kids. Add glitter for some extra fun and you will have a beautiful centerpiece. Also, try not adding any pigment and very lightly brush the tips for a water-tipped look. Everyone will ask where you got it and they will be amazed when you said you made it!
- Cork Table! – This is one of my favorite projects! I’m not saying you have to drink all the wine for corks, but I’m also not saying you DON’T have to either! You can actually buy this kit at Home Depot, or buy a bag of corks at any arts and crafts store and make your own design. This is an easy project for our Superclear Liquid Glass. You can pour up to 2″ thick in one pour with this product, so once you have your corks laid out, and secured down, simply pour the product so it submerges the corks and let it sit for 72 hours. Once set, you will have an incredible table for your next glass of wine! You can secure the corks using any kind of glue, or if you have some Superclear laying around, you can use that with a thin layer to ensure those corks do not float.
- Hand Tree – This one is really simple, and it’s kind of cheating, but I know all the other parents out there have their kids art hanging on their fridge; but wouldn’t it look even nicer if your kids art is encased in epoxy? Hang it on the wall, make a serving tray from it or even make it the focal point of a table! The possibilities are endless. So, take some finger paint and make a nice fall tree and use our Superclear to seal it with either a real thin coat or a coating up to 1/4″! Your kids will be so proud!
These are just a few projects you can do around the house with some Epoxy and some creativity. Do you have some more you can think of? Post them in the comments and it may appear on the next blog!